The Bridge Street Co-operative Society Ltd. (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy and any other documents referred to in it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.bridgestreetcoop.com. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our mailing lists or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Processing Your Personal Data
We collect certain technical and routing information about your computer, which is automatically submitted to us by your browser and does not personally identify you. This information may include browser type, operating system and CPU speed, your IP address, and search requests and results. We may also track your use of the site, including pages visited and the time spent on each page. The purpose of collecting this information is to provide you with the best possible service, to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of our search engine, and to measure the use of this website and to improve its content and performance. To the extent we share such information with third parties, it is not traceable to any particular user and will not be used to contact you.
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Email Marketing Messages, Notifications & Subscriptions
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as mentioned in the sections above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.
Our EMS provider is Mailchimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Subscription time & date
Personally Identifiable Information
The only personally identifiable information we collect is that which you voluntarily provide. For newsletter subscriptions that includes your first name and email address.
We will only use this information in order to send you emails containing updates about our business, as well as information on our events, products and services and other related recourses (such a free tips and recipes) that we think may interest you. We may also use it to conduct marketing research, and improve our products and services. When you submit personally identifiable information to us, you understand that you are agreeing to allow us to access, store, and use it for those purposes.
We may share this information with third parties, but only those parties we trust to help us run our website and online business, and who agree to keep your information confidential. We may also provide this information if requested by law enforcement upon receipt of the appropriate documentation.
Third Party Links
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your Individual Rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You have:
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data. We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
This site is not meant for children under the age of 18 years old. We do not knowingly collect information pertaining to or market to children under the age of 18 years old.
Transfer of Customer Information
Company customer lists and information are considered business assets and as such, in the event that we merge with another entity or if we sell our assets to another entity, our business assets, including our customer lists and information, would be transferred to that entity.
Opt out policy
If at any time you do not wish to receive offers and e-mails from us, we ask that you tell us. There will be instructions to opt-out of our mailing list on the emails you receive from us.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised policy. If you do not agree to the new policy, please stop using the Service. You are advised to review this policy periodically for any changes. Changes to this policy are effective when they are posted on this page. Where appropriate, we may email you about any changes to this policy, as a matter of courtesy (this is not required by law but we believe it’s a matter of common manners)!